PDA

View Full Version : the best...

Entity
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
the book is so simple on wordings, yet is capable to express such profound and beautiful ideas...the setting is so far and unfathomable to our materialistic world, but it still managed to remain firmly rooted to our lives; the ideas in siddhartha is unalterable, they are the essential means of our lives...those words will always remain true as long as we live.<br>the most lovable part of siddhartha, i believe, is that it omitted all judgmental views and opinions(as siddhartha and the buddha expressed, the opinions mean little), allowing the readers to experience the philosophy along with the story line instead of just cramming them into our heads.<br>so far, i believe this is the best book i've ever read, and i'm willing to live by it...to me, the book is more real then the life i'm living now

vanityofvanity
03-04-2006, 09:37 PM
i agree, but i still have not grasp the philosophy the author tried to convey. do you know? i'd appreciate your response

Timur
10-05-2007, 10:24 PM
I think the philosophy that is presented most closely in the book is Determinism.