PDA

View Full Version : Buddhism

Bryan Le
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Ah the illusions of time and life. I see now that the world of money, hatred, love, happiness, superiority, and intellect are beyond the truth of our existence. The truth, the fruit behind the rind, can be found within. All of us create a shield around ourselves, protecting us from this fruit which grows within, but when the time has come, you will find the truth yourself. There is no death, only phases as you move between lives. All is alive, all is not. Only enlightment is left to find.

vanityofvanity
03-04-2006, 09:34 PM
so do you think the message the author tried to convey is buddhism? any other philosophies or incites involve in the work? ...i'd appreciate you response

Debinem
04-02-2006, 04:46 PM
You can be taught the truth and nature of our existence in this world. The world we experience is called Samsara. It is the world of suffering. Once you realize this you can begin through meditation and mindful living, including compassion for all living beings, to correct past life bad karma and not accumulate any more bad karma, in the hopes of escaping Samsara permanently and becoming an enlighted Buddha.

Each individual has their own path to follow and this path cannot be shared or protected. Every day occurences bring about choices for our own growth toward becoming enlightened. How we react to people and situations are opportunities for spiritual growth. The individuals that we encounter are teachers or students depending on where we are on the path and how much wisdom we have accumulated.

Read: Introduction to Buddhism by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso

03-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Vanityofvanity, I don't believe that the message Hesse is trying to convey is Buddhism. Instead, Hesse is trying to show that one cannot reach enligtenment through teachers like in religions such as Buddhism, because enligtenment comes within one's self.