PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Blow Me
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
After reading this book it made me wonder about all religion, doctrines, and parental advice. It is true that we must experience pain, heartbreak, desire, guilt, hopelessness - in order to appreciate what we came to this planet with - <br>NOTHING. Parents tell us to save money, dont do drugs, dont fight and so on - but they dont realise that we dont know for ourselves why that is a bad thing, we need to be down in the gutter with a heroin addict then we will begin to realise why this is so bad. Religion and in particular The Bible, tells you that if you do this, this or that you have sinned. However if you confess it you are forgiven. It's not that simple, I think if a person commit a sin and confessed to it - it shows that he has learnt what not to do ... he is not clean again because he confessed - he is clean again because he admit to a wrong doing. Hermann is by far the smartest writer I have come across, he has written virtually a Bible - purely from imagination ... I dont think not many people can do that. Good on ya Herm!!