PDA

View Full Version : Siddhatha was great!

Prathap
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
I agree with you totally when you say that this book has to be read and experienced with the heart. True wisdom, indeed, comes from experience and not from the words of preachers and philosophers.<br>There are people who criticize this book as too slow and irrelevant in its message. It's a pity that Siddhartha is being compared by these people with cheap fiction that are read just for the sake of a bit of thrill and excitement.

Lisa. B
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I really liked this book. Yes at times the book kind of lost my intrest, but it would always come back with something powerful. It is deep and full of meaningful lessons that could help us as humans to live. Many people search throughout their lives for peace and happiness in all of the wrong places not realizing that it is right there in their hearts. This book teaches us that no matter how much knowledge we retain, true wisdom comes from experience. If we shut ourselves away from the world and the things that surround us, how will we ever reach our goal of wisdom? Siddharthat had been taught so many things and was yet not content with himself. On his quest for Self-discovery, he encountered several problems and felt the emotions that the "childish people" felt that helped him to reach his destination of Self-discovery. I really advise anyone who feels like they can handle this book and the powerful messages that it consist of, to read, not just with their eyes, but with their hearts! I'm only a senior in high school. Now, to those that said that this book sucked, maybe it's time that you put all of those pop-up, how-to, and picture books down and let your mind be captivated by the lessons of Siddhartha. It's time to get into something deeper than you have ever done and it will be worth while!