PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
01-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Have you got the point? Which is? Is it that what you think is the horror is not so shocking as you once thought?<br><br>Then yes, I think you have the point. <br> "The heart is wicked and deceitful, who can know it."<br><br>The horror is that it no longer becomes horror and that we gravitate towards the horrible and prefer it without laws that govern us.<br><br>and if you really want to get philosophical about it and find a solution and a <br>hope to overcome the horror... it really is the theme of the whole book containing 66 books written by 40 authors over a period of 1500 years called the Bible.

Kitten
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I think I have perhaps been shaded by these English teachers getting hard-on....I on the one hand think I have understood "Heart of Darkness" yet on the other feel I have missed the entire point! Maybe that is the point! What I'm trying to get at is that am I naively thinking that there is no way I could deciefer this book having already heard about it, seen "Apocalypse Now", and been told of its impact one's psyche...or have these preconceptions merely confused me into thinking it is beyond me. I have my own idea of what "the horror" is....but somehow it doesn't seem quite as shocking as I once thought. Will someone please tell me...HAVE I GOT THE POINT?