PDA

View Full Version : the greatest book ever written

ross kenny
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
heart of darkness is undoubedly one of the greatest books ever written. from its decoding to its pure phsychology. some poor guy called ralph found it a little confusing which is understandable if all u read is mills and boons. great literature is ment to make u think and wonder and question and that is what heart of darkness does. ralph u do however make a great case for Achebe who to can not see past his own ignorance also. give it another chance and i can assure you, you will love it. and if u still feel the same all i can say is "the horror , the horror". Heart of darkness = one hell of a head trip ...............................

Anna G. Appel
06-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Joseph Conrad is quite amazing. I have not read that particular book though. I think I might as soon as I am done with all this James Joyce.

Asa Adams
06-05-2006, 02:21 AM
Yes, Heart of darkness is a great all time book. Its quite amazing that a master piece like this was created by a man who considered himself to fight and struggle with writing. interesting. :D

Enchanted
12-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Absolutely Amazing i say!....Marlow's dilemma becomes your dilemma!....The horror!The horror!

godhelpme2
12-21-2006, 04:23 AM
I tried to read it two years ago, and i can still remember that i couldn't quite understand it clearly, both of the language and the background. Maybe i need another try sometime.