PDA

View Full Version : I was deeply moved

Nhu Phan
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I have heard much about this great novel, but I had no chance to read the full text, but saw the cartoons. Last month my French teacher gave me a disk of Notre Dame de Paris comedie musicale. I understand a bit French and when listening to what they sang, I was deeply moved. Then I felt free to read the long text and my heart was crying at the end of the story. There are 3 kinds of man heart. The heart of a handsome man, Phoebus, loves Esmeralda with a playing heart and shed no tears to see her hanging. Besides, the heart of the priest, loving Esmeralda heartily but jeaslously and silly. Love means sacrifice, not selfishness. There is no love exsiting when you want to see your loved one hanging. And the 3rd heart of Quasimodo... He is considered a beast in the perfection of ugliness, but his heart is the most beautiful. However, his gender and sweet soul can defeat his very terrible appearance. And the one who can save Esmeralda, not only her corp but only her soul, no one else but Quasimodo. I love this story and it leaves something hard to express in my heart - the eternal love of the hunchback for the beauty Esmeralda.