PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

megan
02-05-2005, 09:39 PM
now i'm really encouraged to read it- depression, here i come!<br>lol

Unregistered
04-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Relax dear. Have you ever known a movie to do justice to a classic novel?<br><br>If all you experience from this passionate, multi-faceted masterpiece is hopelessness, suffering, and futility--might I suggest therapy?

Sarah
04-27-2005, 10:48 AM
I thought that the Disney portrayal was a wonderful and uplifting way to introduce little kids to the story so that they become interested in reading the book when they're older (though it was way too mature for a G-rated movie!). Call me immature, but I'm a big fan of Disney classics, where the bad guy dies and everyone's happy. ;) I'm somewhat hesitant to read the book, since it will most likely ruin the movie image for me, but maybe I'll gather my courage and read the book someday. All these gushing reviews have played a part in helping convince me. ;) Thanks.

Megan
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I read this book in ninth grade and am re-reading it now as a senior. I remember as a freshman, I was depressed for weeks after reading it. But I was also pissed off by the movie portrayals of it: Quasimodo would die, but Phoebus and Esmirelda would be together, or in Disney, everyone lived but Frollo, happily ever after. Cinema cannot do the novel justice. <br><br>After reading this, one will experience the hoplessness of life, where everyone suffers and there are no happy endings.