PDA

View Full Version : Victor Hugo

Spitz Wolf
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I really like Hugo's work. His stories are sensational master pieces. I am the only 7th grader in my school who likes Victor Hugo and his works. The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Les Miserables are my favorites. Thank For Reading My Letter.<br><br><br>

David Blair
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
If you are a 7th grader who enjoyed Victor Hugo, then undoubtedly you are a gifted student/thinker. I'd read most of Shakespeare's best plays in sixth grade, for example ... they "spoke to me."

What stood out for me with Victor Hugo was that it was as if this man, more than a hundred years dead, was sitting there right in my living room "speaking to me" - part of that effect is his skill as a writer, his manner of weaving personal thoughts into the story, and the fact that he was an historian, born of a famous family of historians, hence something of a teacher.

The novel is even better in French, if you should come to study that language. There's a flow to it and an imagery that is somewhat lost in even a good translation.

I wanted to respond ... there is something solitary about the gifted student and mind ... something pushed aside by the average. I felt your posting deserved to be "recognized."

Best wishes in your future endeavors, wherever they may take you.

David Blair