PDA

View Full Version : lucky me

jenn
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I had heard many incredible things about the play Les Miserables (of course, I couldn't pronounce it) since I was about 7 years old. Unfortuantely, I didn't get excited enought to beg to see it on broadway (though I should have) One day my friend e-mailed me and told me that we were going to see the last performance for her birthday and that she would call me on the details. She never called. It turns out, they never got the tickets. My hopes crumbles at the last performance came and went, with me sitting at my house and sulking. <br> I am also in a summer drama program through my town's schools (entering 5th grade to entering 12th grade). For the past few years we have done classics and non classics (the boyfriend, oliver, etc...) This february I heard we were doing the play Les Miserables and the rubble cleared in my mind. This was the amazing play i had heard so much about!<br> To make things clear, we did the play. It was the best experience I ahd ever had in my life. Halfway through, I found I could relate to Eponine (I have fallen in love with someone who couldn't care less). This was the first play we did that had 3 performances, and all of them were almost sold out! I was so lucky to be able to participate in such an adventure.