PDA

View Full Version : Les Miserables

Cassie5squared
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am 15 years old and just finishing my last year of school. My school has recently been named a Performing Arts college and so we decided to put on a briliant show for the annual musical. We chose Les Miserables. This was my first production and I was overawed at the sheer size of the requirements.<br>I was eventually selected as one of the policemen (Javert's sidekicks) and as a dancer in the wedding scene between Marius and Cosette.<br>When I was not required on stage (I was also in the chorus) I would go and watch some scenes from the side. My favourites were Fantine's "I dreamed a dream" and Eponine's "On my own", although at the final battle I was usually crying, and when Marius is alone in the ABC cafe singing to his friends.<br>My favourite character is Eponine-although she is a real spoiled brat as a kid, she becomes much more sensible as she grows up. I also like Gavroche, the cheeky little street urchin who loves to antagonise Javert and despises his dad Thenardier.<br>I studied the characters a lot, working out the relationships between them, and when I realised that Gavroche was Eponine's little brother I was surprised.<br>The Javert I worked with was not especially talented and was completely overshadowed by Jean Valjean (an impressive feat, as the actor playing Valjean was about eight inches shorter.)<br>Fantine and Eponine were played by especially talented singers, who deserved the special applause they got.<br>Marius was slightly weak, and Enjolras was played by a boy who had a high voice and sounded like a girl.<br>Cosette (the adult version) was too stiff in her role, but had a lovely voice.<br>I love Les Miserables all the way through and would love to see or even join a full scale adult version.

odysseus
11-26-2005, 12:33 AM
you are my sisters age. she is into performing arts, too. violin.

les mis is a really good show. i can't believe you got to be a part of it. Someday I want to be in it and I want to play jean valjean. I want to play javert. But first I will probably most fit the role of marius. serious serious marius!