PDA

View Full Version : THE HULK

apstudent
06-25-2003, 03:59 PM
OK. Some of you might not consider comic books literature, but I do. Recently, I saw the movie The Hulk, and was dissapointed at the portrayal of the characters in the Hulk. First off, there was not enough Hulk. All of the good parts I saw on the previews. Second off, the plot was, well lets face it there was no plot. Lastly, I don't remember the Hulk ever having a father in the comic books. What do you guys think?

apstudent
06-26-2003, 04:56 PM
OK, I can't possibly be the only loser here that saw the Hulk. I mean come on, I've talked to a lot of you and I know some of you were waiting in line at 4 in the morning for tickets. So where's the feedback? Ya know, the big green guy, the Hulk.

den
06-26-2003, 07:43 PM
Sorry but I will never, ever go see that movie. I don't see the point.

waxmephilosophical
06-27-2003, 02:44 PM
I saw it, and it was a let-down. (Although I wasn't all hyped to see it in the first place). I've never read the comic books, so I can't compare it, but the movie itself sucked. Absolutely no plot, and the graphics were disappointing.

apstudent
06-27-2003, 11:20 PM
I sort of agree. There was no plot, but when there were special effects, they were cool.(When they were there= .13 minutes of entire movie). I especially liked the tank throwing scene.

alatar
06-29-2003, 09:05 PM
i haven't even seen the movie..only previews..but i don't remember the hulk being that big.....did any of you ever see the tv show? i think it was a little closer to the comic...a little.......

Tabac
06-30-2003, 12:10 PM
I thought the program on TV was quite well done, given the subject matter. Bixby did a nice job in his portrayal of the man, and Ferrigno was far better as the Hulk than this special effects job I've seen in the trailers for the movie. In fact, I have a feeling the only reason the film was made was to aim for an Oscar nomination for that category. But then, I'm usually a little bit cynical.

Arteum
07-01-2003, 10:19 AM
No, it would be a complete waste of my time to go and see something like that. I would stop respecting myself if I did. Isn't this a movie for 12 y.o. kids?