PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
A 5th grader, you mean? The date is August 21st on your post, and this is when most people get back in school for the year so I want to call you a 5th grader.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
holy cow! a sixth grader read this book! <br>I can barely read it! Great job! Bravo!

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am a 6th grader and read this book over the summer and part of last semester. I am glad I took the time to read this mesmerizing story which had many different plots. The most prominent plot was of the effect of the Napoleonic war on the people in Russia. Another plot was of Natasha and her search for fulfillment in life. I loved this book because of the variety of subjects. All the different families had there own story to tell, some woven into others. A very different kind of book than other books that I have read by various authors, each with their own style. None of them were anything like Tolstoy's. I recently read some of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's novels and as descriptive as they were, nothing was as in depth as War an Peace. I plan on reading more Russian literature in the future.