PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Andrea
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Did any of us ever wonder what happened after "Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after!" Well, Louisa May Alcott has given us a wonderful portrayal of the famous historical characters Jack and Jill.<br><br>The novel, though it starts with the tragedy mentioned above, the strength of spirit and the life lessons learned by the dear characters enable the story to end happily leaving us to ponder about our own lives and reflect on the difficulties and the trials that we face.<br><br>It might be almost absurd to say that the novel has a soul, but I cannot shake the feeling away everytime I take this book to read. Though the book was originally written for children, adults too can learn important lessons of how to deal with the troubles and the obstacles that come in their way which is mostly the case as we try to make something of ourselves in this bustling, crazy world.<br><br>Louisa May Alcott is just splendid in handling themes that involve values such as patience, prudence, obedience, love, kindness and even the harsh reality of death. As a child I dreamed of changing the world, of bringing about a revolution. But what I didn't realize is that change can be brought about effectively first and formost in our own homes. Alcott has described this beautifully through her delightful yet individual characters, Jill, Merry and Molly. <br><br>The novel is not a fairy tale but a brilliant effort which shows us that even through the greatest trials and temptations, each and everyone one of us has the power within to emerge victorious together with the love and support of those whom we love.<br><br>I strongly recommend this book not only for every boy and girl who wants to be a good little angel, but also for those who still long for the innocence and purity of their happy childhood.

RJbibliophil
06-05-2007, 01:27 PM
I agree completely. Jack and Jill is an excellent novel with morals all should learn and follow.