PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
06-07-2004, 01:00 AM
First of all, I would like to tell you that the feud betweent the Shephersons and the grangerfords was real. It truly happened between the Hatefields and the McCoys. Mark Twain got this feud from the Hatfield-McCoy Feud. In fact, they both had a daughter that ran off with a boy from the other side that resulted in a huge quarrel and dissapointment for her. Just thought i'd let you know

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 05:35 PM
You childish low ittilect types shoud not be posting responses on books you have not truely studied. This piece of literature was revolutionary and was not meant to be funny, there is an underlying message and the story is very well written to anyone who actually understands great liturature.

Unregistered
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
You kinda missed the point of the fued....it is meant to show the stupidity of excessive pride being one of the characteristics of southern aristocratic life.......and at times the people took the law into their own hands....(ex. scenario Boggs vs. Shurborn)

little girl
03-21-2005, 02:36 PM
hello? who says it has to be realistic??? before making a comment, maybe you should really think about what the whole story is about or what the point is??? i mean, the book was not marked in the non-fiction section, you know. next time, think about it before saying anything!

Nevermind that
04-29-2005, 02:07 PM
I was wondering did you intentionally write your comment in that fashion or are you trying to immulate Twain? Regardless, it makes you appear backwards. Don't do that again or try the spellcheck!!!!!<br>

Nevermind that
05-03-2005, 11:12 AM
I was wondering did you intentionally write your comment in that fashion or are you trying to immulate Twain? Regardless, it makes you appear backwards. Don't do that again or try the spellcheck!!!!!<br>

Central Dauphin
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
The fued between the grangerfords and the <br>Shepordsons was not realicstick, becuase in real life the law would interviene<br>