PDA

View Full Version : If you like Jane Eyre...

katie
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I know all lovers of this novel will enjoy two books. the first being Wide Sargossa Sea by Jean Rhys. This is a prequel written in the 60s explaining the story of Bertha, the crazy wife in the attack and her life in the West Indies. and the second being The Eyre Affair by jasper fforde. this is a science fiction type suspense novel surrounding the abduction of the original manuscript of Jane Eyre. the fictional characters in the novel do make several appearances and speculation about the ending is inferred. check 'em out

Lady Penelope
06-15-2007, 05:03 AM
Agree about Wide Sargasso Sea. Studied it at Uni before I had even read Jane Eyre and loved it. Must look up The Eyre Affair have heard it mentioned just recently.

sciencefan
06-16-2007, 07:02 AM
I know all lovers of this novel will enjoy two books. the first being Wide Sargossa Sea by Jean Rhys. This is a prequel written in the 60s explaining the story of Bertha, the crazy wife in the attack and her life in the West Indies. and the second being The Eyre Affair by jasper fforde. this is a science fiction type suspense novel surrounding the abduction of the original manuscript of Jane Eyre. the fictional characters in the novel do make several appearances and speculation about the ending is inferred. check 'em outI loved Jane Eyre because of the beautiful Elizabethan/Victorian language and phrasing that was used to write it,
not necessarily because of the story line itself.

When I was finished Jane Eyre,
my librarian turned me toward Jane Austen's writing for which I was truly grateful.

monellia
06-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I think fans of Jane Eyre would be more interested in reading similar authors (the Brontes; Austen; Hoffman), or novels written in a similar style, rather than texts that pertain to the book itself. I thoroughly enjoyed the description and the aesthetical features which made it a pleasure to read, but I can't say the plot had any gret impact.

lamie
02-05-2014, 06:12 PM
I enjoyed the movie 2006 of Jane Eyre the best

kelby_lake
09-16-2014, 07:32 AM
Rebecca definitely :)