PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Camilla
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
I second your opinion, I am in year 10 as well and so many people can't be bothered reading classics, don't see the point, or just think they're stupid and pointless. I have just finished reading this book for english, and I throughly enjoyed it. I know how you must feel though, for our last term of this year(i live in australia, different terms and stuff here) we could chose our subject choice, I choose classics, but all year I had to put up with what you're having to go through. Maybe you could ask your teacher to set you differnt books and stuff on the same time schedule, so that you can actually learn stuff in english. Anyway, you wanted a reply so I gave you one :) sorry bout the spelling im deslyexic(lol, i can't even spell it!)<br>Camilla<br>15<br>Australia<br>P.S. My next book to be is going to be Wuthering Heights, have you read it?

Gina
06-03-2004, 01:00 AM
I could not agree with you more. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books.

Unregistered
06-23-2004, 01:00 AM
Wow, you should go to a different school, Katy.

Tracy Freedman
02-05-2005, 08:49 PM
In response to your letter, there were presumably FOUR sisters of the Bronte family, explicitly not three. The lesser known Jean Bronte was a great and under-appreciated connoisuer of the art of literature, having published her first novel at the age of thirteen. It was titled "The Bounteous Repast of Lord Nebuchadnezzar", which is now known to be a literary breakthrough for its use of language (written almost as a poem), but was widely denounced by the enlightened reading community because of Jean's age. Discouraged, she published several lesser documentaries on the lives of Pharaohs compared to war veterans, before marrying a bear hide salesman and moving their home to America. She was later disowned by her three sisters for killing her husband in knife combat, and marrying Anne Eyre's best friend, Charles.<br> It sickens me to learn that school children today know nothing of this great woman. Your teacher knows nothing about writing at all, and should be told so to his face. This topic, however, would make a fine school paper, or so I think. E-mail me with questions you may have at [email protected]. I look forward to enlightening a new generation of learners. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

Scott Ferguson
02-05-2005, 09:26 PM
At college I'm presently stage managing a production of Jane Eyre, and after reading the book have mixed feelings about it.<br>Firstly, I understand why the book was written, the context etc, and so well done on the Charlotte for having the courage to stand up and fight being repressed.<br>However, I just find the actual text tedious and boring to read. It doesn't hold my attention, nor do the chapters make me want to read more.<br><br>I find myself neither wanting to broadcast the brilliance of this book, nor burning it in a cerimonial sacrafice.

Rhia
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
I think your intitled to your opinion, but truthfully I found reading this book a chore. I thought this book was so dry and boring, it eventually started to infuriate me, with it's constant drone. Although Charlotte Bronte, and the other Bronte sisters, were all very talented writers, none of them had any noticeable creative spark. <br> Like both of you I am in year 10 and have just finished reading this for my GCSE coursework and am in the process of writing an essay, which I find makes me detest the book more............if we were left to read the book at our own pace and acknowledgement then perhaps it would appeal to me more, but in all I found it dull, drawn out and boring.<br>Rhia<br>15 <br>England

Belgin
03-20-2005, 08:04 PM
I totally agree with you most people I know don't even know how to read. I told my friend that I really like the book Jane Eyre and she was like the author? she thought that Jane Eyre was the name of the author not the book. I mean honeslty how thick can you be. In my class people are reading all the stupid magazines and they are like oooohhhh look at the pictutres and I love classics. and I do think that Charlotte is the best writer out of the 3 sisters partially because her book reflects and aspect of her life.<br>and wuthering heights is pretty good as well<br><br>Belgin<br>14<br>United States<br>P.S. skipped two grades so in 10th

Call me Pyro
04-09-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm actually in 10th grade right now... and strangely enough we ARE reading Jane Eyre. I didn't know that it was considered a difficult reading. I just thought it was cool that you were in tenth grade and thought it would be nice to read the book, and I actually am in tenth grade and reading the book. Many of the kids copmlain about it being borring, but while it may be long, and some parts a little dull, i think the book as a whole (well, as far as I've gotten at least... We haven't finished the book yet) is a good story.

Amanda
04-09-2005, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't go as far to say that this book is the greatest, however i did love reading it for I found many characteristics of myself within Jane. Many see her as being purely a feminist but I see in her what every woman should stive to be and that is INDEPENDANT! To learn to stand on one's own to feet is the greatest joy in life, and for a woman to feel equal to men should be an ideal that all want to achieve and I would like to thank Blauvelt for forcing us to read it and realizing my own potential... thank you Blauvelt I know we all complained but you deserve to hear what we reallythink, we apreciate it!

Amanda
04-12-2005, 06:52 PM
I am a senior and this past fall was not the first time that I had read the book, and I beg all the sophomores to pick it up again in about 2 years. This book will carry all kinds of new meanings for you, since you have experienced so much more.... Take the time again in the future, you will appreciate it many times over.

Katy
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I was just scrolling down and I noticed some negative comments about how boring this book is, and how some people are forced to read it. Well, I'm in grade 10 and my semester just began. In my English class, some of the students can't even read at all, and those of us who should be at least 3 or 4 grade levels ahead of of them spend our 80 minutes reading Cosmopolitan. I would be honored to be in a class where the teacher could even begin to consider asking us to read Jane Eyre, which is in my opinion a great book. So, even if you hate reading, please just try for a second to consider yourself lucky.<br>Anyway, I loved this book because I love Jane, and Mr. Rochester. In my opinion, Charlotte Bronte is the best writer out of the three sisters, Charlotte, Emily, and Anne. <br>Katy<br>16<br>Canada