PDA

View Full Version : A Clarification of Sorts...

Lindsay
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I think there is something wrong with the picture that has been painted by the 'scholars' at the bottom of this column. Jane Eyre, in my opinion of course, is not only beautifully written and organized, but is just as relevant to men as it is to women. You do not need to be over-emtional or over-rational to comprehend it. It's value is not found in Medical School, Trade School, High School or any school, even if you are studying it as part of a course. These courses are created to guide you along the path of appreciation. Instead of getting aggravated as a result of the 'big' words, take an opportunity to LEARN these words. This book should be seen as a chance to explore one's unfulfilled creativity and, more importantly, to expand knowledge of one's self. Ms. Bronte was wading waist-deep in emotion throughout her entire life and decided to 'sop' it up with this novel, which is why it is a triumph, if not anthing else. I hope that someone sees this and decides to read Jane Eyre. Contrary to popular belief, there is not a right or wrong time to read. Truth be told, I had never enjoyed reading until grade 11 when I picked up this book...I feel as though I have started a journey that will not end as long as I keep learning, and THAT may be the most beneficial of all reasons to devour this novel.<br>PS. If you need a true testament as to why reading is so important, look at some of the entries that were first posted. It makes me laugh to know that the people who think reading is a 'waist' of time because of the run-<br>on 'sentances', are the same people who did not like this book. It is also up-lifting to know that some people give reading the respect that it deserves (Katy in Grade 10). Reading elevates the mind, young ones. Sometimes it does not even matter what you read, as long as you are reading. <br><br>Lindsay Hayes<br>Ontario, Canada