PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I agree with what Katy said about how a lot of teenagers don't appreciate this book. I'm 17 and it is one of my favorites! While I can see how some people might find it boring and sappy in certain parts, as a whole, the emotion, passion, and humanity of it makes up for all that. I think it's really cool how you can indentify with Jane and the way she thinks, especially since this book was written so long ago. I totally can indentify with Jane and Rochester, and their interactions with each other are so real and can even be clever and funny at times. Their passion and chemistry makes for great reading. The only complaint I might have is where Jane leaves Rochester and meets St. John; that part is pretty boring because the relationship between Jane and Rochester is what makes this book come alive. Its kind of annyoying how submissive Jane is towards St. John, but for a woman at that time, she had considerable spunk. Overall, it is very well written and engaging; I'll never get tired of reading it.<br><br>L from TX, USA