PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
04-26-2005, 10:57 AM
I opened the book and once i started reading i couldnt put it down! I thouroughly enjoyed it. Everything is so easy to imagine and feel that it brings the whole book to life; credit due to Charlotte Bronte who was able to bring out my emotions so successfully! Even after completeing the book i still feel as if things havent finished there; as if jane is still alive in her world. I feel as if she really exists!<br>Truley touching!

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
After reading a lot of the comments posted on this page i saw that quite a few people disliked things that were considered to be acceptable in victorian society. Before judging the book and especially before studying the book the reader has to look at the time that the writer was writing in and look at the values and beliefs of that society. I personally found the book more interesting after i had read Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys becasue that actually added a whole new aspect to the book and opened a whole new discussion about the 'mad' women and things that lead to her to be the way that she is portrayed in Jane Eyre. So if you enjoyed Jane Eyre or perhaps if you arn't sure wether you liked it or not try reading Wide Sargasso Sea. on their own i don't find them too crash-hot but when read in relation to each other they prove to be quite good reading.