PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
one cannot dismiss Jane Eyre as a simple "story" and that is why the majority of the population like this novel so much. There IS so much depth and "hidden" messages that every time you read the novel you can discover something new. People look deeply into this novel because it was the authors' exact intention. At the time that it was written female novelist were not well recieved and it was paramount that their novels held ''hidden'' meanings and i bet this novel brought alot of comfort to women of the time as it still does for women (and men) today.

Unregistered
06-23-2004, 01:00 AM
How can you consider her a flat character? There is a huge amount of growth that she goes through. As a child, in the beginning of the book, she chooses a wealthy household filled with hate over a loving household that might not be very luxurious. By the end of the story she throws away these ideas. <br>And even if it is somewhat fairytale-like - what's so bad about a little magic?

scarlet
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
i don't like analyizing Jane Eyre because it is such a simple, naive, see-thru story. it's written by a girl who's had enough of everything she had to put up with and needed to find a way out thru a semi-fairytale with certain plots originated from her life and her childhood imagination. nobody in the book has a hidden personality, even the baddies are bad to their bones. and the happy ending--i can't take them. why do people complicate it by discussing the deep metaphors and meanings of religion, life or feminism?