PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

CL
01-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Dear,<br>Really, you must be a lucky individual if you cannot understand why Charlotte wrote about "poor, penniless ugly girls". Charlotte's message is that all of us are deserving of love and notice even if we do not have beauty, wealth or social status. That is the great truth of life, that is what so many people miss and therfore miss out on the chance to discover their own soul as well as the soul of others. I wish you all possible luck in your life of beauty and ease but I also wish you something more- the ability to look beyond that which surely comes with age.

CL
01-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Dear,<br>Really, you must be a lucky individual if you cannot understand why Charlotte wrote about "poor, penniless ugly girls". Charlotte's message is that all of us are deserving of love and notice even if we do not have beauty, wealth or social status. That is the great truth of life, that is what so many people miss and therfore miss out on the chance to discover their own soul as well as the soul of others. I wish you all possible luck in your life of beauty and ease but I also wish you something more- the ability to look beyond that which surely comes with age.

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I really enjoyed the book but Iīm reading Villette now and I donīt think it can live up to the standard that Jane Eyre set. <br>I wouldnīt say that Jane could ever be a model for me or any other female. Her timidity really annoys me and I donīt see that sheīs soooooo independant.<br>The best thing about the Bronteīs writing - especially Charlotteīs and Emilyīs - is that they can discribe feelings so well. There are other female authors in the 19th century whose books in general would be more exciting (if the Bronteīs hadnīt had the talent of portraying feelings) for example Jane Austen.<br>As for the plot...I think itīs a little far-fetched, and Charlotte nearly always wrote about poor timid penniless ugly girls, so I really donīt blame people who arenīt used to that kind of literature if they say it sucks.<br><br>Before I started reading Villette, I read Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy and Iīm still thinking about that book. Charlotte Bronte doesnīt leave such a lasting impression. <br><br>