PDA

View Full Version : I Love This Book

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
wow! you are "the only that loves it'?! the only what? illiterate person? maybe you should listen to your friends, peer pressure isnt always bad. oh, and when you said it was one of "the greatest literary works ever written" im glad that you cleared up that it was written, i mean, i almost thought it was one of the greatest literary works ever drawn, or played. <br>

Unregistered
i think it speaks to the crapppiness of this book that the only ppl who like this book can form basic sentences<br>

sarah
Hello,<br>I too am 17 and have read the book for the second time - having to analize it this time for my GCSE english literature. I absolutely love the book - it is so descriptive and vivid that when reading it you really feel like you are Jane. Jane as a character is also very respectable that she is an independant woman who doesn't rest all her hapiness on a man. <br>I think the ending is very fulfilling!<br><br>It is a brilliant book, and it is a shame that most people my age have never heard of it - or if they have to study it, skip through the pages. <br>

Bry
03-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Jane as a character is an inspiration? She left Thornfield, where she is loved and wanted, and then she claims that mankind has deserted her! She sleeps in a forest for two days, and then expects to be treated as more than a begger when she must look and smell like the lowest of the low! Jane may be a character of frustration, abhorration and fit for annhilation, but she is anything but inspiring!

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Jane is not an inspiration; she is a complaining pain in the butt. She gets herself (yes, gets Herself) into jams, and then complains and complains until a solution presents itself.<br>I, too, am studying this book at school. I think it is a wonderful book. The only bad part is becoming frusterated with Jane's downright stupid actions and irritating complaints.

Jane Eyre Fan
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I also think Jane Eyre is one of the greatest literary works ever written. I am only 17 and at the moment we, as a class, are studying this book at school in Literature. I am the only that loves it since no one even likes it. It is only the second time I have read the book but I can assure you it won't be my last.<br>I think it is a shame that not enough teens my age haven't read it or haven't even heard of this famous writer and her sisters.<br>I think Jane, as a character, is a real inspiration and I can't express my admiration enough.

marnasworld
07-29-2005, 09:15 PM
These idiots...I can't say anymore! LOL It is my favorite of all the classics...I think because of the subtleness that is at the heart of it:) Course you have to be able to "get that part to interpret the book"......not written in another language! LOL :)

shortysweetp
07-30-2005, 11:46 AM
yeah i love Jane Eyre too. I think you would enjoy Villette as well. Not as dark but really good

mono
07-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Indeed, Jane Eyre and Villette I can probably call my two favorites by Charlotte Brontė (among Shirley and The Professor), but my absolute favorite between the two I cannot decide.
*****spoiler*****
When first reading Jane Eyre, many of the dark undertones really surprised me, especially the secret of Mr. Rochester's wife, somewhat reminiscent of, I think, some psychological grand theories by Sigmund Freud, regarding the collective unconscious and its potential harm. Virginia Woolf, I remember in A Room Of One's Own, wrote a few thoughts about Charlotte Brontė, particularly in Jane Eyre, speaking much of the author's potential in writing much, but refusing.

cath e
09-03-2005, 04:32 PM
I have to say that I, a mere 15 year old, find her an inspiration for doing the Wright thing. "She left Thornfield, where she is loved and wanted, and then she claims that mankind has deserted her!" yes she did the right and honourable thing by not becoming a mistress to a man she dearly loved would you do the Wright thing? No? Why? Because standards are not as they were, but you must remember that she was a Christian and it is SINFUL to be in an intimate relationship with some one who was already married (be it in those days or the present time). No matter how mad they might happen to be.

Cath E