PDA

View Full Version : A great woman

Cleusa Maria
10-03-2002, 01:00 AM
In that century or in that society, how Jane Eyre could be happy?

Unregistered
10-23-2002, 01:00 AM
Yes, I concur with you. How could she be happy during an age where women were seen as property? The times are romanticized but if you really want to see how things go, watch masterpiece theater on PBS. it usually shows what life was like through the more truthful novels of the victorian era.

Nadine
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
I disagree with you both. Women back then wouldn't have known any different. If they were being treated as objects, it was because their mothers, and mothers mothers were treated the same. In fact I wouldn't mind living back in those times. Most of the men seemed more proper than nowadays. No, I don't like being treated like property, but as if it's not still happening today. Life's tough, deal with it!

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
i disagree with all of you, you cant stereotype every woman in a given time period as either all happy or all sad. oh yeah, overcomer isnt a word

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Jane Eyre was indeed an overcomer. Despite all the obstacles that came by,she never considered givivg up. She strived to be a great person.<br> She has proved to the world that women are not subject to suffering. <br>With deteminationshe comes out to be great. She was indeed a role model to the women of the ancient and modern